Thursday, August 15, 2013

Arms Race

I have enough work coming up in the next few months that I could justify adding one more piece of equipment. I picked up a planetary grinder setup for dry grinding. The conventional grinder works but takes a long time and requires enough pressure that the thoughts of doing more than one kitchen make my arms hurt. The planetary grinder gets the job done about 5 times faster and has enough weight that all I have to do is hold on. This should pay off in time very quickly.

For a test I quickly ran up through 3000 grit on spare piece in the garage. Although you wouldn't go up to 3000 for a kitchen or bathroom, I just wanted to see how it works. This is a 30 inch by 20 inch piece and it took less than 20 minutes to work from 50 to 3000. The general surface texture is much better/more consistent than the single head unit. 
It will be a busy fall.
On-going and Up-coming Projects:
1. Concrete planters
2. Fireplace surround, bathroom vanities, bathroom sink, and bar top for a new remodel
3. Island countertop
4. Kitchen remodel

4 comments:

  1. your post is really to good but for batter result you should keep continue posting at regular basis. in posting you should add some image because without image post dose not like nice.
    thanks
    concrete toowoomba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey
    It is really very impressed and informative post.I should always keep continue post at regular post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a nice blog which give a suitable info about concrete toowoomba thanks to share such type of info with us.I want to continue with your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really unbelievable concrete that i am looking. I am looking for this concrete and love this one too.

    kansas city concrete sealing

    ReplyDelete