Saturday, May 14, 2011

Concrete Tiki Torch Holder

Placing the grill countertop with the new mortar mix went well. A full post is coming. In the meantime here is a little something cool. I had some extra mortar after placing the countertop and quickly threw together the pieces of the polyurethane tiki man mold. I really didn't do much to consolidate it and then used a piece of an old tiki torch to make a hole in the top.

The results turned out way better than I expected. It stripped from the mold easily and I am ready to start casting these in earnest. I may experiment with some acid stain and sealer.

The mortar weighs more than enough to make a steady base. The patio is going to need a bunch for the upcoming annual tiki pary. Time to get to work.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I would love to copy your tiki guy, where did you get your tiki light? I've looked online, but I can't find any that would look at great as yours does.

    ReplyDelete