Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let's Get Rolling

This blog will detail my experiences making concrete items for the home, including concrete countertops, sinks, and other items.

I have a testing lab available along with all of the latest chemical admixtures and concrete components and will post updates on the evolution of my concrete mixtures.
Although I have lots of experience with concrete, my first attempt was a sink for my bathroom remodel.

The upcoming to do list includes:
- a concrete fireplace surround, black dry polished in-place
- a concrete desk for the office, white with 100% crushed glass aggregate
- some patio furniture, hopefully produced with lightweight aggregate



What is pervious concrete? Pervious concrete is concrete designed with interconnected voids so water goes through it without running off. It is used to reduce stormwater produced in urban areas, recharge groundwater, reduce the urban heat island, and creates quieter safer pavements. Typical infiltration rate is 500-2,000 inches per hour. Compared to making this stuff, countertops are a breeze.

If anyone has suggestions on projects or topics they would like to see, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment